Friday, September 14, 2007

New music to tickle the eardrum

If you are on a constant lookout for new music like I am, check out the following.

- Emerson Hart You recognize that voice, don't you? It's the former singer from Tonic. He is back with his first solo effort, and it is simply fantastic. Very powerful and moving lyrics drive this mellow and "cathartic" album. I have always loved his voice and the structure of his songs. Check it out!

- As Tall As Lions I have a hard time characterizing this band accurately into a genre. I even have a hard time saying, "If you like ______ , then you will like ATAL." My best description would be Snow Patrol meets Coldplay, with something else mixed in there, possibly deliciousness. I must disclaim that I have a personal connection in that the soundboard guy on their current tour is mixing my friend's Cd, but that is really neither here nor there; THEY ROCK!

-Eisley True, this group has been around for a few years now, but with the release of their second album, Combinations, they have truly continued to develop their sound. Maybe that's because they are all over the age of 18. Room Noises was a hard act to follow, but they preformed amicably and this album with a slightly harder-edge feel is definitely growing on me. Think The Sundays with a little Natalie Imbruglia mixed in; the good part.
Actually I hate that analogy, I'll think of something better and edit it later. Hell, no one reads this anyway! HA!

No comments: